April 25, 2015
Recyclable Collection 10a-1p @ Public Works
Street Fair 12p-4p on Commercial
Earth Day Recycling Collection and Street Fair
Saturday, April 25, 2015
On Saturday, April 25, 2015 join in on the fun at the following community events:
• Street Side Cleanup event
• 10th Annual Lebanon Recycles for the Earth event
• 3rd Annual KJEL’s Lebanon Community Earth Day Street Fair
• Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
More ways to be Earth friendly!
Read below for additional details concerning these events.
10th Annual Lebanon Recycles for the Earth Event
This event is for private citizens only
, no businesses allowed. Items being collected at this event:
- Hazardous Household Waste collects items such as; paint supplies, light bulbs, batteries, pesticides, cleaners, etc. View the complete list of accepted HHW items: Here.
- NON-Hazardous Household Waste such as; paper (magazines, books, newspaper), tin, aluminum, plastic #1 & #2, as well as cardboard and box board material.
- ALL corded and battery operated electronics and small appliances (excluding Old style TV’s and computer monitors) are being collected for FREE. While supplies last, one voucher per vehicle for a FREE TV/monitor disposal will be offered at the event on a first-come-first-served basis. Otherwise, old style TV’s and computer monitors will cost $15 per device for disposal.
- Drop off lawn & garden vegetation (leaves, limbs, grass/shrubbery clippings). Treated lumber, dirt or rocks are NOT accepted. FREE mulch and compost may be available while supplies last.
- As an added feature for 2015, a used tires drop off area is being made available courtesy of MoDNR’s solid waste management program.
In conjunction with the recycling event, the following events are being held at different sites and times:
- Volunteers for the Street Side Cleanup event will board buses at Boswell Park. Buses leave at 8:00am to drop off volunteers at various streets locations. Michelle Hedges 417-664-4687 and Mayor Anderson are the contacts for the Street Side Cleanup.
- A ‘Prescription Drug Take-Back Day’ will be held at Lebanon’s Police Station - 401 South Jefferson Avenue (10am - 1pm). Click here for the Do and Don’t Details of this Take-Back event.
- FREE curbside pickup of white goods for residents within Lebanon city limits only. White Goods consist of; stoves, laundry machines, dishwashers, water heaters, etc. To schedule a pickup before April 25th, call 417-718-8646. (No refrigerators, A/C units, TVs, computer monitors, or furniture please).
- Be sure to go to KJEL’s Lebanon Community Earth Day Street Fair (open to everyone) from noon until 4pm on Commercial Street between Madison & Jackson. Featuring live entertainment, performances by the School of Performing Arts, a hooping exhibition, arts & crafts, food and more. Booth Space rentals are $15 per booth. Applications can be picked up and dropped off at the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce. Vendor applications can also be downloaded via the link above on the right hand side. Contact Patty Burns at 417-664-9464 or email email@example.com.