The City of Lebanon recently launched a new and improved website designed to help citizens navigate government information more efficiently.
The website features the new official Lebanon City Seal the Lebanon City Council approved last year and simplified buttons directing customers to some of the tools most utilized functions.
With the click of the button, customers can learn more about city government, pay utility bill, report a pothole, see what is on the City Council agenda and more.
The mobile-friendly site also features upgraded features for the city’s most used webpages, including the Lebanon Police Department, Economic Development (Lebanon-REDI), Lebanon Parks and Recreation and Lebanon Utilities.
New features include a graphic news and announcements section, municipal government calendar and widget where customers can see the latest social media updates on Facebook.
“This new website is designed with our residents in mind,” said Derek Gean, communications manager, and project lead. “We want to make sure our customers have a useful tool available to easily find whatever information they need easily to engage with their local government. We worked to put our customer’s most requested services up front and easy to access.”
The website is powered by CivicPlus through their Civic Engage Program. CivicPlus provides integrated technology solutions for more than 4,000 local governments and their over 250 million citizens. Its solutions enable municipalities of all sizes to rapidly and efficiently migrate traditional citizen services online to meet the new online imperative of local government.
Here are some highlights of the services offered by the new and improved website:
• A mobile-optimized design that ensures citizens can easily navigate and interact with content from any desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet, anytime and anywhere.
• The highest data security standards that are backed by a team of cybersecurity experts. CivicPlus offers 99.9% up-time in a Tier II data center that is fully redundant, the support of multiple network providers, burst bandwidth, disaster recovery via geographically diverse data centers and defined RTO and RPO, and live 24/7/365 emergency support.
• Alert Center functionality allows website administrators to alert citizens with time-sensitive information and instructions using multiple channels, including the website homepage, social media, and email.
• Notify Me® Citizen Communication Subscription feature allows citizens to subscribe to receive multi-channel notifications on only those topics that matter most to them. Citizens can choose to be notified by email or text message.
• Calendar functionality allows citizens to stay informed about the scheduling of important local events, including public meetings, classes, activities, community events, and other valuable opportunities for engagement.
• The File Center serves as a single, conveniently accessible repository for all forms, documents, and files citizens routinely require so they can self-service many of their municipal requests without the need to walk into an office or place a phone call.
• The Agenda Center allows for the storing, sharing, and searching of public meetings and agendas and enables citizens to remain informed and engaged in public policy and local issues.